So, you might have noticed recently that Instagram has gotten rid of its swipe up feature. However, even though it has done this, you can still include links to your stories, making the most of Instagram link stickers. Another really good thing about this feature is that you don't have to have 10,000 followers to add a link to your Instagram story.
Now, anybody on Instagram is able to include a link sticker on their Instagram stories. If you are wanting to learn how to post links to your Instagram story, you've come to the right place. In this article, we're going to share with you how to do this, so that you can optimize your Instagram profile for your business.
What is the Instagram Link Sticker?
Instagram replaced the swipe up feature with the Instagram link sticker, which means that you can now include an external link in your Instagram story. This is one of the easiest ways to drive traffic to your website, so that more people can check out your products and services. You can also include a track link tap, with Instagram analytics.
As far as Instagram goes, there are three advantages to the Instagram link sticker feature, compared to the swipe up feature. Stickers are really popular among existing users, because people have already used them for locations, questions, and more in the past.
Stickers also mean that you have more creative control over what your story looks like, and stickers let viewers engage with an Instagram story, whereas with the swipe up feature, you weren't really able to interact too much. The Instagram sticker link is an important tool if you are a business on Instagram, and you are trying to expand your reach.
Using the Instagram Link Sticker
As we all know already, Instagram stories stay up for just 24 hours but if you include links in your Instagram story this is going to increase your conversions, and boost organic engagement. This is going to make it really easy for followers to access the content that you're trying to share with them. Below we have included instructions on how to include a link sticker to your Instagram story so that you can optimize your Instagram stories for your business.
1. In the Instagram app, selects the ‘+’.
2. Choose ‘story’, as opposed to ‘live’, or ‘post’.
3. Create your story, and edit it as you would like it.
4. Within this editing feature, select the sticker icon, that you'll see at the top row. Enter the URL of the link that you want to include in your sticker and then enter the text of the sticker, or the call to action.
5. Once you've done this, you can include this on your story.
6. Pinch your screen to resize it based on your personal preferences.
7. Tap your screen to shuffle through different colour schemes, so that you can match it with your brand's theme.
8. Once you've done this, you can send to your Instagram story, and then you're all done.
Who Can Use Instagram Link Sticker?
Instagram adjusted its features back in 2021, which means that now everybody is able to access the Instagram link sticker option. Of course, rolling out a new feature to a billion accounts is easier said than done, which means that for some reason, you might not be able to see the link sticker yet. Just make sure that you are keeping your Instagram app up-to-date, and trust that the feature is going to show up eventually.
How to Customize Your Link Sticker
If you are getting stressed about using the link sticker, because you feel like it isn't in line with your brand's aesthetic, then the good news is that you can actually customize it even more, in just a few simple steps. Let's take a look at how to customize your link sticker design, so that it can fall in line with your brand.
1. Create and edit your Instagram story, and include your link sticker just as you usually would.
2. Access the design app of your choice.
3. Design and edit the sticker that you want that is aesthetically pleasing and in line with your brand. Make sure you include a call to action.
4. Export this to your phone, and make sure that it is a PNG file.
5. Go to your drafts and Instagram stories, and include your customized sticker, from the photo album of your phone.
6. Place this customized sticker directly over your link sticker.
Now you've been able to create a customized link sticker, that is going to really resonate with your brand, and really help your audience understand what your brand is all about. You will also want to make the most of Instagram story metrics, so that you can see your click through rate, and whether your Instagram link stickers are resonating with your audience or not. If they aren't, then make sure that you update your call to action, and you don't overdo it with too much information on your Instagram stories.
Being able to include a link in your Instagram stories is a massive advantage if you are a brand trying to make it on Instagram and you're trying to get the attention of your audience to the point that they visit your website and check out your product or service. Instagram has recently replaced the swipe up feature with Instagram link stickers, so that you can easily encourage your audience to select your link sticker and use a call to action to encourage them to go and check out your brand a bit more. Just make sure that your Instagram link sticker falls in line with the aesthetics of your brand.