YouTube Shorts are the newest feature on YouTube, but they are already getting tons of attention.
Following the growing trend of short videos (a consequence of the growing popularity of TikTok) YouTube has introduced Shorts, a way for creators to share very short videos, that can be shown one after the other.
Business-Review highlights the important of how shorts can attract more general viewers to your overall YouTube channel and main full length videos!
The trend is becoming so popular that some channels only produce this type of content.
If you want to make the most of this new trend on YouTube, you need to know how to do it, because the competition is already extremely high.
Luckily, you’ve landed on the right article,because we are about to discuss some tips on how to get more views on YouTube Shorts.
What are YouTube Shorts?
YouTube Shorts are, of course, short videos shared on the platform. But how short must a video be to be considered Shorts?
Shorts on YouTube are shorter than 60 seconds. You also need to specifically post them on Shorts. Other than that, there is nothing else you need to know about the technical aspects of how to post Shorts. What is important to discuss is how to create successful Shorts that attracts tons of viewers.
Tips on How to Get More Views on YouTube Shorts
1. Shorts in the Featured Section
Creators on YouTube know that videos that appear in the YouTube featured section have more chances of being viewed. This is simply because featured videos are recommended to a wider audience.
In the featured section, the YouTube algorithm predicts viewers’ interests and recommends videos according to this.
So, how do you submit a Short in the Featured section? This is how you do it:
- Log in to your YouTube account and navigate to YouTube Studio
- Here, click on Customization
- Under the Layout tab, click on Add Section
- Select Short Videos from the list of options
- Now, all your short videos will be shown in the same section. Click on the Publish button.
- Use thumbnails
Thumbnails are pictures that work as a cover image for your video. They are extremely important when it comes to attracting the viewers’ attention and making them click on your Shorts. So, using thumbnails is key, but how can you do it?
- Make sure your thumbnail is relevant to your content. Aesthetics is important but it shouldn’t be more important than relevancy.
- Make sure your thumbnail is clear. It is okay to make them artistic and creative, but the viewer needs to understand what they are seeing.
- Avoid clickbait. Do not mislead your audience with your thumbnails or you’ll lose them.
- Optimize title and description
Just like with standard videos, the right titles and descriptions can help get more views.
These are the main principles you need to take into consideration:
- Titles should be attractive; they must convince the viewer to click on the short video. However, just like we’ve said for thumbnails, they shouldn’t be misleading. They should be concise and clear.
- Descriptions can offer more detail than titles so use this to tell your audience more about the video. Use it to describe the video but also to promote it.
- In your titles and descriptions, you can use tags. If there are trending tags that are relevant to your short video, then use them. Avoid using irrelevant tags or top trending tags (like #love) that do more harm than good.
4. Shorts should be relevant to your niche
The shorts you create and publish should be relevant to your niche.
One of the most effective ways of boosting Shorts views is creating a playlist. This way, after tapping on the first video, it’s very likely that the user will keep on watching all the other shorts in the playlist, boosting your views as a result.
6. Buy views
It is a way of getting noticed by the algorithm as soon as you can so that you can quickly grow your audience on the platform.
While many new users buy views for their standard videos, you should also do so for your shorts.
However, always make sure to buy views from reliable websites. How can you spot reliable providers?
They should be at least capable of providing you with:
- A money-back guarantee.
- Delayed delivery (views shouldn’t be added in bulk. If you buy YouTube views, they should be added a few at a time. Otherwise, YouTube might suspend you)
- Organic views, provided by reliable accounts.
- Customer support through which you can contact the service provider if you have any problem with the service.
- It should also be easy to buy a package. If the process becomes too complicated, leave the website. It is not a good sign.
- Good reviews on external platforms (like Trustpilot)
Here at UseViral, we are all about providing our clients with top tier engagement for their YouTube channels.
You can trust us to offer you the best features in the industry.
YouTube Shorts are quite a novelty on the platform, but they are already proving to be so popular that the competition is fierce. Competition, however, shouldn’t put you off. On the contrary, it should push you to do your best.
Quality still comes out on top online as long as you know how to do things properly. In this guide on how to get more views on YouTube Shorts, we’ve provided you with everything you need to know to grow your Shorts audience, along with your YouTube channel and, hopefully, business and career on the platform.